We respect your privacy and take the protection of personal information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person (“personal information”).
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website; or
- a customer who has ordered or requested the goods or services that we provide; or
- you have provided us with your personal information directly by contacting us by e-mail or telephone.
You may directly refer to the information you are looking for by clicking on one of the icons from the menu below.
The Dermatological Laboratories Avène are the data controller (responsible party) of any Personal Information which may be collected from you, for the purposes described below.
Purposes for Processing your Personal InformationThe Personal Information that is indispensable for us to fulfil the purposes that are described below is marked with an asterisk on the various pages of the Website where it is collected. Should you choose not fill in these mandatory fields, we may not be able to process your requests and/or to provide you the requested products and services. Other Personal Information is purely optional and allow us to know you better and to improve our communications and services accordingly. Further information on purposes and legal basis for specific processing scenarios can be found below.
Purpose Motive Provide you with any services or products you request To offer a better service Answer your questions sent via e-mail, contact forms To offer a better experience Enable you to create a personal space To better meet your expectations Register your products online, to get access to additional services To offer a better service Provide you with a better service – e.g. to find the next store or point of contact To offer a better service Manage and optimize customer relationship including by improving our Website, and our products and services generally To better meet your needs Unless you object as indicated in the section below "Your rights" and "Cookies", better understand your preferences by analysing your behaviour on our Website and offer you products or services more in line with your interests To better meet your needs Send you information about our offers, news and events (newsletters, invitations and other publications) Your explicit consent Carry out statistics Pursuance of Pierre Fabre legitimate interests when the processing is required for the management of our daily business activities Notify to the relevant authorities on any issue raised by the usage of our products Compliance with our legal obligations
Cookies SettingTo allow you to control the usage of cookies on Our Website, we have implemented a tool available when you access Our Website which invites to configure the different cookies that you consent to have installed.
If you reject cookies, we will not set any further cookies on your device, except the “functional” cookies detailed above (including, unavoidably, a cookie to remember that you do not want any cookies set when you visit Our Website).
You should however note that if you choose to remove or reject certain cookies, it will affect certain features or services on Our Website.
Retention of your Personal InformationAs a general rule, we keep your Personal Information only as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We retain your Personal Information for the time strictly necessary to manage the relationship with you. However, we keep your Personal Information for marketing purposes for three years after the last interaction between us when you are not a customer and as long as we remain in contact with you through our promotional activities when you are a customer, unless you object when you receive one of our marketing messages. We may have to keep your Personal Information in an archive mode beyond the term indicated above to comply with our legal obligations. When your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes or archives responding to our legal obligations or statute, we ensure that it is either completely deleted or anonymized (de-identified).
Personal Information Disclosure and TransferWe are part of the global Pierre Fabre group, and from time to time it will be necessary to share your Personal Information with our affiliated businesses for the following purposes:
- We may appoint third party service providers (who will operate under our instructions) to assist us in providing information, products or services to you, in conducting and managing our business, or in managing and improving Our Website. In such case those third parties may need to access your Personal Information.
- If your Personal Information is transferred outside South Africa and/or the EEA (European Economic Area) to other Pierre Fabre group companies or to service providers, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information receives the same level of protection as if it remains within South Africa and/or the EEA, including by entering into Data Transfer Agreements, using the EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses as they may be updated or revised, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU - US Privacy Shield or other transfer mechanisms such adequacy decisions where applicable, Binding Corporate Rules or EU Data Protection Authorities approved Agreements.
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties in connection with potential or actual sale of our company or any of our assets, or those of any affiliated company, in which case Personal Information held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
- We will respond to requests for information where required by to do so by law, or when such disclosure is required to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on us.
We will not sell your personal information.
External LinksOur Website may contain links to third party sites. Since Pierre Fabre does not control nor is responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. This policy applies solely to Personal Information collected by our Websites or in the course of our business activities.
List of Rights
- to obtain a copy of your Personal Information together with information about how and on what basis that Personal Information is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate Personal Information (including the right to have incomplete personal information completed);
- to erase your Personal Information (in limited circumstances, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- to restrict the processing of your Personal Information where:
- the accuracy of the Personal Information is contested;
- the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the Personal Information;
- we no longer require the Personal Information but it is still required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- to request the portability of your Personal Information in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you) when we justify our processing on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract with you;
- to give general or specific instructions on how your Personal Information should be processed and may be used, after your death.
- to oppose at any time to be contacted by phone for direct marketing purposes.
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information (where that processing is based on your consent);
- to object to a processing for marketing purpose; and
- to obtain, or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your Personal Information is transferred to a third country or international organisation.
Know MoreIn addition to the above rights, you have the right to object to any processing of your Personal Information justified by Pierre Fabre legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to your consent, or to perform a contract with you). You also have the right to object to any processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling.
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the details given below. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, if for instance your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavour to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.